Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Stitcher's Weekend

I have some pictures to share with you from the stitching retreat I attended over the Labor Day long weekend. This retreat was held at Kathy's home on the shores of Lake Ontario. Kathy is the other Canadian participant in the International RR. She has an inspiring and wonderful view of Lake Ontario. What stitcher wouldn't want this in their own backyard?





The lighthouse on the point in the first photo is one we visited earlier in the summer when we were camping.

On Sunday, we were spectators at an outdoor wedding that was held on the public property next door to Kathy's. It was a beautiful spot, but a bit windy.



Despite all of the excitement, I did manage to get some stitching done. On Saturday I worked on the heart for Carolyn's RR.




Carolyn's RR

Here I am handing the RR off to Kathy.



On Sunday I started the Happy Birthday stocking and have since completed it. This stocking clearly dates me!


Happy Birthday

I am working on another stocking that I hope to finish today. I have ordered the Halloween stockings which should have arrived last week. I received the bill for them, but no stockings yet. Not usually the order that you want to get things in!

Yesterday, I finally picked up my finish from the framer. I think it turned out quite well. I had originally planned to hang this in my craft room, but instead I hung it in the dining room and replaced an ugly pansy print that was there.


Each Day is a New Beginning

That's my stitching update for this week. I will have more finishes to share with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment