So here is what I have been working on lately. It was actually causing me some stress as I knew that the deadline was looming!
These are invitations for my niece's First Communion in May. I made ten invitations with coordinating envelopes in four different styles, but all using the same layout. I love how they turned out! It had been awhile since I had made some cards, so it was good to get back into it. I just wish there hadn't been the pressure of a deadline.
Here is a progress update for Each Day is a New Beginning. I have all of the backstitching done on the bottom half. I just need to adjust my scroll frame and backstitch the top half and then I will be finished. Yay! I can't wait to have this framed and up on the wall in my crafts room.
I also started stitching one of the stockings from Blackbird Designs' Love is in the Air booklet. It is so much fun! This is my first experience stitching with hand dyed floss and I am loving it! I've since bought the January and March stockings. I will have to get April as well since it has just been released.
I decided not to use the R & R fabric that the pattern calls for after all. I was at my LNS and she said that the quality of R & R fabrics is not quite as good as some other's. Plus it would be a bit of a pain to have to order since neither of the LNS's I frequent carry it. So I went ahead and started stitching the stocking on the Autumn Field fabric that I had bought. I really like how the threads look against the fabric.
Last, but certainly not least, is a photo of Willeke's Round Robin after I stitched my heart on it. I think these are the colors that the pattern calls for, but it felt a bit wrong stitching a gray heart. As long as Willeke loves it, that's all that matters!
Until next time, happy stitching!